Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Travel or Move To Colorado!!!


There are many things to see and do all over Colorado. Moving here in 1996, I have really gotten to know the best places to go and some of the best places to eat!! We are a family of 5, so it's important that places are "family friendly".The pictures on this page are ones I took myself of the different places I've been (or just right outside my door). Denver is a great place to visit. Not just for ski season, but all year long. Here are some of my favorite picks for Denver.
  1. Embassy Suites Hotel. They have great rooms that include a full breakfast bar. They will even make you omlets how ever you want them!!


  2. The Denver Aquarium. This is a wonderful place to eat and play at. The food is superveb (if you like seafood), and the kids love walking around looking at fish, sharks, birds, and yes, tigers. If you live here, it's totally worth getting a family membership. Just going twice pays for it's self and you get %15 off food and gift shop. Well worth it.


  3. Children's Musuem. The kids love this place. So much to do. It's also a great value to buy a family membership that pays off after the second visit.

  4. Casa Bonita. This is a must!! It's a restaurant made to look like inside a cave. After you get your food, you'll sit around this huge waterfall and watch divers jump into a pool at the bottom of the falls. The kids are so entertained that you can actually enjoy your food!! Which is pretty good. In addition, there is an arcade, kiddie rides, puppet shows, and a scary cave!! Try to get there before the busy time and ask to sit close to the falls.

  5. Fat City. This place is great for kids of all ages. I had little, little ones, the first time I went here. They had so much fun in this huge foam ball house that was only 4 dollars per kid for as long as they wanted. They also have inside rides, blow-up mazes, indoor golf, skating rink and bowling alley. It's just an all in one place to go for the whole family.

  6. Lakeside Amusement Park. We stubbled across this one by accident one day. It was neat because becides being a full amusement park, it had little kiddie carnival games just outside of the park. You buy tickets for the rides so you don't have to pay a big expensive one ticket price and the kids have fun too. Check their site as the hours and times change.
  7. Colorado Mills Mall. This is a really nice, HUGE mall. You can get really good deals, certain times of the year. There is many restaurants to choose from, becides the food court, a Jillians (sort of like a Dave and Busters), and a movie theater across the street. So plan a whole day there.

  8. Lone Star Steak House. This place has a HUGE slide in the middle of the restaurant. I can't say that their food was exceptional, but where else does a steak restaurant cater to kids.

  9. Elitches. I've gone a few times, but my kids are too young for this place. I'm sure in a few years, it will be one of the favorites.

  10. Musuem. The musuem is always a great choice. My fav part was the planet tarium. My kids loved it.

  11. Denver Zoo. This is a really nice, well layed out zoo. I love Monkey Island. I swear one of those monkeys are going to fall on someone's head!!!
Another favorite spot of mine is up I-70 west to Breckenridge. We spent last 4th of July and it was just perfect. If you've seen any movie where there is this small perfect town, rides for the kids, and a beauitful stream running through it, well that's here. Not only a great ski town, but perfect for a summer getaway. Plan a family reunion and rent a 1/2 million dollar house. They are cheaper in off ski season.
Visit Breckenridge



If you travel more southwest, you will come across Cripple Creek. For those of you who gamble, there you go!! I like taking a drive in fall where you can see the most beautiful tree foliage in the country.





Colorado Springs

Don't let people fool you. It does snow here and if you're coming from the south/west, you could be in for a little surprise. There is nothing like a beautiful, snowy day though. This picture taken right off my sundeck. Isn't it just a beautiful winter day!!



Things To Do











There is lots to do here also. I do have pictures of the attractions I've been too, but seems like I've placed them somewhere I know not, so I'll have to update that later.







There are so many activities the city does every year and different times of the year. The picture is of the annual balloon glow held around Labor Day weekend. Free event (if you can find parking) and the kids love it. They even have a balloon that they inflate sideways so the kids can walk inside. You really don't realize how big they are until you do.














































1 comment:

Michelle said...

I will certainly have to keep these things in mind when we start thinking of traveling again!