Thursday, June 14, 2007

It won't make you rich...but


Hello All,


My name is Shelly and I'm a stay home mom living in Colorado Springs, Co. I've got 3 beautiful girls ages 3, 5 and 7. Even though my husband makes a deceit living and I get the privilege to stay home and raise our kids, I have days that I want more. I don't know how I got started taking surveys on line, but I remember spending hours and hours trying to find ones that I could actually receive cash or prizes without having to spend any money or use my credit card. My husband would have been very concerned if I was using my credit card to do those trial offers, (because I probably would forget to cancel in time) so I stayed with ones that were absolutely free. There are so many sites that want to charge you to give you the names of these companies, but you shouldn't have to pay anything. It takes some research to find out what companies participate in making surveys and then ones that pay or only enter you into a drawing (which I stay away from). This is an on going research project for me. Just yesterday I found out that McCornmick will let you sign-up to be a panelist. You may only get 4 per year, but they will mail you the product to test, and they will also mail you a check from $20-$60 after you evaluate the product. That's pretty cool. Again, it's not much, but if you continue to find companies like that, it will add up. I'd like to share the companies I've found so far. Book mark this blog so that you can check back as I add more. Absolutely and totally free. I hope that I can help others get checks here and there. Just this month, I got $100 total. Now I did have one that I let points build and then I cashed out at $60 and another was a special survey at $30.

The only thing I ask is that if you are asked who referred you, if you would cut and paste swright011699@msn.com my e-mail, so that I get credit for it. Although some won't give you anything for referring, so I'm not doing this for that. You also have the choice to either mention me or not. But it would be great if you did!!:)


NFO Surveys http://www.mysurvey.com/ This is a great one. You can cash out after you reach so many points or you can redeem for other things, including gift cards or amazon.com gift certs. Last year I had over $100 in amazon certs. It really helped at Christmas.


My Points http://www.mypoints.com/ I love this one. You can purchase stuff and get even more points. I order a lot from Oriental Trading for my church. The cost is the same as if you ordered from the site directly and almost always I've gotten free shipping. I would add this to a special folder because you will get a lot of ads from this one. You get 5 points every time you open the site they are advertising. Don't worry about spending time reading the ads, just clicking on it and letting the page download gives you points. I get gift cards to Red Lobster and Home Depot once I've built up enough points.


Kidzeyes www.kidzeyes.com/ This is for those of us who have kids. What's really great is that you will get a survey and your kids will get a survey so the points build up really fast. So far since Jan, I've cashed out $60!! My kids are young, so obviously I fill out the surveys on their behalf. I've gotten to watch new cartoons to give my opinions on. It's really fun!! You will get a parent consent they will send you by mail to mail back. It's worth it. They don't ask for anything personal online to make our kids "unsafe".


Global Test Marketing www.globaltestmarket.com/index.php I love this one. I got the opportunity to see a movie and review it, one year before it hit the theater. I also got points and made $10 for reviewing the movie. This is a good one. You get many opportunities to qualify for the surveys with pretty good compensation.


Pinecone Research. This one is only by referral and only when they open it up their panel. If you are interested, I'll take your e-mail down and when they allow me to refer people, I'd be happy to. I don't think this is one you get compensated for. No matter whether you qualify for a survey or not, you get a check for $5. I get at least 2 a month or more.


Survey Savvy http://www.surveysavvy.com/ This one is okay. Maybe you'll qualify for more than I do. I've cashed out some money, but it's not a big one for me. They also don't send me many surveys, so that could be just based on my profile.


Your 2 Cents http://www.your2cents.com/ This is a better one. You have to take the surveys pretty quick as they fill up. They are based on first come, first serve. The survey are pretty short also, which is why the pay might be somewhat smaller. It has potential.


Harris Poll Online http://www.harrispollonline.com/ I like this one. Depending on whether you qualify or not, you get points. When you do qualify, you get pretty good points. I get gift cards for rewards.


Greenfield http://www.greenfield.com/ Not one of my favorite. Only because the ones that offer cash pay out, either I get to it too late (close the survey) or I don't qualify. Although I did get a $10 check from them once for winning one of the sweepstakes. So it can be worth it, just hasn't been great for me.


InBox Dollars http://www.inboxdollars.com/ This one is definitely NOT one of my favorites. I guess it can be good if you are willing to do the trial offers and remember to cancel in time. Also if you shop a lot on line with their clients, it could be worth doing. DON'T sign-up for the gold membership. I did over a year ago and still have yet to see any referrals. Just let the points

build up until you can cash out. If you just click on the ads for points, they add up VERY slowly, I wouldn't recommend it.


Send Earning http://www.sendearnings.com/ This is just like the one above. I'll probably cancel it once I get one pay out. Again the gold memberships do nothing. I think these two are connected somehow.


Things to remember when doing surveys:

1. When you first start filling out the applications, be patient. It takes some time to get your information circulating. At first, I thought I had wasted time for nothing. I now average at least $50 a months (some months more).

2. Be honest. Some of these companies really check your knowledge of a product. If you spend 10 min and then answer something wrong, it can kick you out and say you don't qualify for the survey. So you just waisted your 10 min. Also they will put in trick questions, example question 5 will say check box 3. If you are just clicking and not reading, it will kick you out and then you may not see a survey from them in a while. Happened to me.

3. Fill out the boxes where they want you to explain something. Be very detailed and specific. This will help you get more surveys. Most of these survey companies have other companies attached to them and could invite you to join an exclusive survey panel (I belong to two now and they pay better).


Well that's about it for now. I do have other surveys I do, but until I get them in my inbox, I forget what they were and if they are worth sharing. I'm currently checking out Mystery Shopping and how to do it without paying to learn about it. Also how to be an online mock jury and get compensated for it. I'm not sure about it yet, so I won't post it as of yet. So please check back often, as I'll add to the above list. Thanks for visiting my blog. Happy Survey Taking!!!


Shelly Wright

No comments: